You might have heard a lot of people talking about SEO these days. Talk about online marketing and SEO is followed by it. But why has SEO become extremely important? And what are the latest SEO trends of 2021?
For a job, you provide an updated resume, right? Similarly, to visit a dedicated audience, your website, too, needs regular updates. And these updates are done by either a digital marketer or a Search Engine Optimizer.
Before telling you why SEO is important, let us tell you the basics of SEO.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization, most conveniently called SEO, is the formula for ranking your pages higher in search engines. SEO is the art, and a digital marketer its artist. “Search” is what people do when they open any of the search engines. SEO is a vital part of website development services. Although it is a process that never ends, one has to keep updating information for SEO as per the products. That is how digital marketing works.
Now that it’s clear what SEO means let us move further to tell you about the need for SEO.
Why is SEO important for a website?
Let us suppose you own an e-commerce website. Your products are better than your rivals, your service is the best one, and you are putting your heart and soul into your business. Do you think only these things will fetch visitors to your site? Absolutely not. What is going to fetch customers for you digitally is SEO. No SEO, no customers. It is as simple as that.
E-commerce website design involves SEO, and SEM which make an integral part of any website. There, it becomes necessary to know how SEO can generate leads.
How SEO helps a website to grow online in 2021?
Here are some trends that work wonders in 2021 to rank your website higher than your rivals.
- Keyword: When you publish anything online, keywords play a very important role in optimizing your content online. So, you can search for your topic online and find out which latest keywords are trending.
- Organic Search: This is one easy way to attract leads free of cost. Organically, through SEO, you can reach a wider audience. This is one of the sought tricks by businesses online. Not only in 2021 but in the coming years too it will have its importance.
- Relatable Content: Whether it is 2021 or 2025, content is the king and it will secure its position in coming years as well. Your business might require blogs, social media posts, videos, or even podcasts, for that matter. All of this drives attention when the audience can relate to the content. Thus, content is the medium through which your business reaches your audience.
- Local SEO: 'Local'- yes, of your area or near your business is what it means. Local SEO helps people find your business locally. This comes in handy for café and restaurants. In the current scenario of 2021, this is one of the best options.
- SEM: Search Engine Marketing means creating paid advertisements for your business. Pay per click is one of the examples of the same. From the year 2020, SEM has seen tremendous growth, especially for education and job providing businesses. And it seems the trend will continue throughout 2021 too.
Let’s assume that you want information about laptops under INR 50,000/-. So you type "laptops under 50,000" in the search bar. Then, you get a list of websites where the required info has been shared. Now what made that particular page appear on the top? What made other websites rank numbers 2, 3, 4, etc., respectively? It is nothing but SEO. How keywords have been added, design of the website, URL direction, and such related settings have been made supports the ranking of the websites on search engines.
Coming back to our laptop search assumption, it is mostly seen that a viewer trusts the suggestions given by any of the top 5 websites. Why is it so? It happens because the content is not only easy to understand but is also relatable to the people. The data is shared either in comparative tabular format or a FAQ format. All of these are the parts of SEO.
Here’s another example. Suppose your business deals in real estate. The audience will search “3 BHK under 20,000 in Hyderabad”. “3 BHK,” “Hyderabad,” such words become your keywords. And when similar meta tags or titles are added on your website, “flats under 20,000 in Hyderabad,” for example, will help you reach organically to your audience. And content here becomes the size of the flat/house, balcony, washroom details, etc.
In this case, anyone locally living in Hyderabad would be searching for a house, and thus “Local SEO” will help them find one through your website. And if anyone (student/office person) is willing to shift to Hyderabad, SEM will serve the purpose of finding a good accommodation. So, this is how SEO provides necessary outcomes to your business.
Hence, to hit the search pages on the top, the best solution you can follow is to keep your website maintained with all the trends of the latest algorithm. Then, when you focus on your business plan, let the SEO experts focus on your website. To save your time, we advise you to visit Marcamor and choose them for the best outcome of your online business strategy. SEO team of Marcamor is one of the best-experienced teams you will ever come across to see your website accomplish your digital marketing goals.